Friday, October 06, 2006



The last couple of days have been mad! Well kind of. Firstly, the wonderful website that is Sketch-It has closed, and is not taking anymore requests. I will miss that site, it made me feel better about my illustrations/drawings. I loved getting feedback from people, it was always great when they love a picture that I drew. It was great practise too, loads of figure drawing. Some of the artists on there are so talented, it was nice also seeing the different images that everyone created. I will miss you Sketch-It, you wonderful, amazing little blog!!


I have some other cool news too for my imaginary readers! In september I entered an arts festival called The NOISE Festival. I submitted an old piece of artwork (I don't like calling what I do 'artwork', does that sound strange?) Well anyway, I submitted the image at the top of the page called 'Spotted' in the illustration catagory, and guess what...

I got shortlisted!!! Woooooooo!!!! It's to put it bluntly, very cool. The whole thing is funded by the Arts Council England, and its connected to the TATE museums, BBC, MTV, MSN and loads of other companies! I am so going to make the most of this, its the perfect chance to get some illustration/work experience and get my stuff noticed. Well here's my entry, I was going to create a whole bunch of surf/beach culture related images, as I'm very into the surf culture. I'm pretty pleased though, this opens up alot of new opportunaties for me. I'll keep you, my imaginary readers posted as always! :)

4 comments:

constance wong said...

hey, you've got very good sketchings here :) Enjoyed them. There's one that you posted without any title, the coloured landscape...I like that especially.

Awed Job said...

Congratulations on the selection Katy. Sketch-it misses you.

kate said...

Hey thanks Scott! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Keep up the great work and well done for making it onto the innocent drinks blog